Sunday 22 January 2017

Android TV Box 2017 2GB/8GB/4K

Great Android box I really like it for anyone who just wants the bottom line and does not want to read right through my review. The Android box comes in a nice black box HDMI cable, power adapter, instruction manual and remote control, I would note there are no batteries with the remote control not a big deal but would also say these boxes all come with a remote and I would suggest investing in a keypad remote which can be found on Amazon for around £7 they always have a better range and come with a rechargeable battery pack.
After unpacking I was surprised how small the Android box was which was pleasing and on powering it up you get LED lights in the top which look nice, it comes with Android Marshmallow 6.0.1 which is a simple tile menus easy to navigate with several apps pre-installed and google store on the main screen to get more as required. I use a network connection but tested the wireless which works fine and you will need to set this up when you begin by going to the settings on the main screen then Network selecting either WiFi or Ethenet.
 My main reason for getting this is to run KODI media center which is linked on the main screen, on starting it has Kodi version 16.1 the latest stable build so all the software seems very up to date, I would normally at this point put Ares Wizard on which is a portal to Kodi builds but after navigating to System – Add-ons – My add-ons – All I noticed it was already installed so ran that and proceeded to install my favourite build at the moment Pulse CCM but there are masses available. I would say if you are new to Kodi then have a play and navigate the menu trying a few things to get used to it before installing any builds.
I checked all the specifications of the boxes claims and they all match and it runs nice and smooth, this box has ‘2G Memory + 8GB Storage Quad core ARM Cortex-A53 & 64 bits, up to 2.0 GHZ’ you may ask why do I need this when an Android box with less will do what I need and the answer is the newer the increasing requirements of the android operating systems and the next Kodi 17 so you are future proofing yourself plus getting a faster operation.
What I liked
*************
- Nice designed box
- Remote control is actually very good, a lot of Android box remotes are not
- Works flawlessly out of the box
- Comes with the latest operating system and latest Kodi
- Has a proper UK plug not an adaptor one

What I Didn’t Like
*******************
- Batteries not included for the remote but very picky and won’t penalise it for this

Summary
**********
Overall a very nice Android box which is nice and compact with a great design, I really like it and would certainly recommend it.

Price: £48.99
PRODUCT LINK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members