Saturday 28 October 2023

Philips OneBlade Pro Testing And Review

This arrived in a simple and branded lift top brown box. Once opened the OneBlade is inside its carry case which is wrapped in tissue. In the sides in separate boxes you get the charging stand, power lead for the stand along with click-on skin guard, click-on body comb, and a pack of multilingual instructions and warranty details. 


First impressions: the carry case is quite a unique design with a Velcro fastening strap, but it is also limited in size so is not able to hold the charging stand and power lead, it is also difficult to fit the accessories inside. The main unit is very nice with a simple but clear LED screen and a rubberised back for grip. The charging/power lead is a two pin cable but I find this is fairly standard for travel items such as razors and toothbrushes and I didn’t find it an issue.


I do use an electric razor in-between wet shaves as a daily clean up, but always return to a wet shave razor for what I consider a quality shave that leaves me nice and fresh. I was pleased to try this out as an alternative to an electric razor and see how close it could get to a wet shave blade.


I did initially test this out with the fitted blade which I later realised didn’t have the swivel head adjustment of the second supplied blade, although this only really makes a difference in some areas. The instructions are a little sparse and do rely mainly on images rather than step by step instructive text.


After giving the razor a full charge I tried it out, and i was quite impressed with the results. I did find that I had to go against the hair to get a good clean cut and going with the growth of the hair wasn’t nearly as effective. I found this actually gave a closer shave than my electric razor and at no point did I cut myself or even feel there was a chance of it happening.


I tried out the 14 length comb on my moustache which has quite a neat design, being able to adjust with a dial and clip on and off in seconds, and I found it did a really good job. I didn’t find at any point the razor pulled at hairs and found the shave nice and quick and it did give great results with precision.


Overall in my opinion this is a great alternative to an electric razor although I did forget it does not collect the cut hair the same, so you need to be over a sink or bowl when using it or have a lot of small hairs to vacuum as I did. The carry case is a bit of a let down for me due to it not holding everything but overall this is a very nice and useful gadget I have been using since it arrived, and will continue to do so.


About this item: Philips OneBlade Pro Face + Body - Electric Beard Trimmer, Shaver and Razor, with 14-Length Comb and Click-On Skin Guard, Body Comb and Travel Case (Model QP6651/30) Yellow

  • OneBlade Technology: Philips OneBlade features a dual protection system with glide coated blades and features a fast-moving cutter (12000x per min) for efficient trimming.
  • Shave comfortably: The precision shaving and trimming comb offers length settings from 0.4 to 10 mm, giving you an even trim at exactly the length you want.
  • Dual-sided blades: Trim to your preferred stubble length and get the perfect lines in seconds with the dual-sided blades for a smooth shave after every use.
  • Even shaving: Trim your beard to an even length with the included adjustable precision comb, get everything from a 5 o'clock shadow to a tight trim.
  • Set includes: 1 x Philips OneBlade Pro Face + Body, 1x 14-length comb (0.4 - 10 mm), 1x Charging Stand, 1x Click-on skin guard, 1x Click-on body comb and 1x travel case.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members