Monday 23 January 2017

Ugee 2150 Graphics Tablet Drawing Monitor

Let me start off by saying what a superb bit of kit I highly recommend it for anyone who isn’t interested in reading my whole review. The Ugee 2150 arrived well packed and protected so I set about unpacking, all the peripherals came in a separate box within the main box apart from the screen protector so I unpacked everything and laid it out ready to set up.
The setup is fairly simple if you follow the instructions and is a case of link up all the cables then use the install DVD provided. I wanted to set this up as a duel monitor and took some time calibrating the screen until I had an exact match or at least I could not see any difference at all. I have been using Photoshop now for over 15 years and in the early days concentrated on releasing actions but in recent years have been doing a lot of photo reconstruction and repair so decided it was time I looked at getting a drawing tablet, a mouse works but you are never able to replicate the smooth up close and personal transition you get using a pen and always have the detachment between screen and applicator. I dipped my toe in the water with the Ugee M1000L Graphics Drawing Pen Tablet which is a really good budget drawing tablet but as I needed a second monitor and loved the idea of drawing straight onto my work I decided to invest in this.
I did a small video test I know it’s not the best but I am not an artist and tried to do something fast and simple. I have specific projects for this screen which involve hours of close up work in repair and reconstruction of photo areas but hopefully this will show give you some idea and at the end I write ‘this is a simple test’ to do this with a mouse is virtually impossible or at least would take a very long time and this took seconds hopefully showing you it’s precision.
I didn’t use the screen protector provided as personally I just don’t like them on my phone so didn’t really see any reason to put one on this, the pens are well balanced and feel nice in the hand and the drawing tablet has a very nice adjustment so you can get it just at the right angle that suits you, it comes with loads of spare tips and two pens which is great so I can always have one on charge.

What I liked
*************
- Ease of operation
- Simple straight forward setup
- Excellent precision and accuracy
- Adjustable stand works great and very stable
- Multitude of connections giving you the option of HDMI, DVI or VGA
- It fits my needs perfectly
- Two pens so one is always charged

What I Didn’t Like
*******************
- I really haven’t found anything but if I do I will return and edit the review and adjust accordingly

Summary
**********
I did a lot of research before deciding on this and am very pleased I went for it, overall I found the performance of this outstanding and way beyond what I had hoped for, the setup is simple and it really is not only easy to use it has been making jobs that would take me an hour with a mouse to do take a fraction of the time with more precise results. I would without hesitation recommend this drawing tablet.
Price: £459.99


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members