Wednesday 7 April 2021

Jabra Elite 85t Review

These arrived in a branded sleeved box with images along with listing core function details, the box slides out with a glossy quick start guide on the top running through connecting the earbuds, getting the sound+ application, how to use them and labelled diagrams detailing the areas of the earbuds and their functions. Inside you get small cardboard two section tray containing in one section two different sized earbud tips making three pairs in total and the USB to USB-C charging lead, in the second section you get the earbud wireless charging case with the earbuds already inside, under the try you have a booklet with safety information and warranty details.

First impressions: the case is matt black and has a rubber feel to it with a USB-C port in the back for wired charging and the LED charging indicators on the front, the earbuds have a very similar finish to the case with the fine detailing on them appearing flawless, both buttons on the buds have a good positive click to them that only takes a small amount of pressure to activate, these have slight tweaks and improvements from the previous version such as the LED on the case being moved from the back of the case to the front, the charging pins are slightly further apart, the design of the earpiece has been changed to a more oval shape rather than round and the angle changed, the case is slightly larger I presume to accommodate the wireless charging technology, they are also slightly larger than the previous version I presume to accommodate the 12mm drivers and six microphones as opposed to the 6mm drivers and four microphones in the 75t’s.


I put the case on charge to ensure they had a full charge before use and to test out the wireless charging feature which worked as it should, once charged I set them up, as I already own the 75t version of these earbuds I didn’t need to get the Sound+ application and once they had connected it prompted me to give them a firmware update which I did taking around 15 minutes with an onscreen walkthrough. After they had updated I gave them a try out.

I find them a lot more comfortable than the 75t’s which are quite comfortable but I found with these I could wear them for 4 plus hours at a time still hardly noticing I had them in as opposed to around 2 hours with the 75t’s when I feel I need to take them out for a refresh, I found the size difference negligible and the only difference being visual when compared and not noticeable when being used. I found the initial default sound slightly lighter than that of the 75t’s concentrating more on a mid range rather than the heavy base although of course sound output is a preference and I set them up through the Sound+ app to my normal taste.

I tested out the ANC (active noise cancelling) multiple times in different scenarios and could not really say there was a enough difference between these and the 75t’s since they got their firmware update to add ANC, in some cases I thought the 75t’s better and in others cases the 85t’s although the ANC on the 85t’s is adjustable which helps, I tested out the autopoint connection which worked perfectly, I do really like the push button system on these and I know some consider push button a thing of the past and touch sensor is always the way to go, I find accidently brushing a touch sensor earbud often leads to unwanted change or function so prefer buttons, these have a slightly lower protection rating than the 75t’s being IPX4 rather than the IP55 or IP57 you get with the sports version 75t’s, this makes no difference to me and my usage but may be an issue for some, I did find these connect to my phone slightly faster out of the case than the 75t’s and is almost instant.

Overall these have a fantastic sound quality, they are very comfortable and hold in the ear well, I think the Sound+ application is superb and allows a mass of customisation to get the exact sound you want along with adjusting the button functions and more, the minor flaw for me and the same with the 75t’s is you can’t use just one earbud, for some it may not be an issue but I find at times it’s irritating and would have like to have seen the ability to do this added to the new version.


Price: £215.33

PRODUCT LINK


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members