Monday 27 February 2017

Zenzoi bamboo fountain pen

There’s something very proper about using a fountain pen. As a kid, a pen was a privilege at school, not a right and had to be earned.

Attending Grammar school, Sheaffers and Watermans were reserved for the rich kids. Us poor kids used Parkers or some dodgy plastic knock offs that leaked everywhere.
I’ve two nieces, graduating soon, so decided to buy them a nice fountain pen each as a present, in the vain hope that they will use them in their chosen career paths. I also bought myself one as my trusty Waterman (A present from my parents) finally broke after almost 25 years.
I was attracted to the Zenzoi pens after reading numerous reviews. I purchased the red/coffee coloured ones for my nieces, as they were slender and perhaps more suited to a smaller hand, whilst I opted for the bamboo one for me, as it’s slightly more “weighty” and fits my bigger hands better.
Their presentation is superb. Lovely cases, (especially the bamboo one, which is a hinged wooden one) and on inspecting the pens, I was very pleased with the overall quality and machining of the parts.
They are fitted with a screw type vacuum system, designed for using bottled ink, however I wanted cartridges, so also bought a box of mixed blue/black as they aren’t supplied as standard.



















Having fitted the cartridge to my bamboo pen, half a dozen brisk aggressive shakes charged the pen nicely and whilst I understand a new nib needs bedding in to the user, I was very pleased with the resultant ink flow and ink density on the page as I wrote.
I’ve no doubt that these will last for a very long time – highly recommended to anyone looking for a traditional, yet contemporary method of putting pen to paper.

Price: £39.97
Product link:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members