Sunday 2 July 2017

Albott® 64" Aluminum Camera Camcorder Travel Tripod Review

Easy to assemble, lightweight with a very smooth action, my wife managed to break my old tripod although it’s about 10 years old and was about the same weight as a small child so really it was a good excuse to treat myself to a new one.


I needed something lightweight, quick to assemble/disassemble, had a good wide range of movement for different angles and would elevate to a good height and this fitted my needs, it arrived in a long branded box with a plastic sleeve covering it along with an instruction sheet and draw string carry case.


The first thing I noticed was how light it actually was compared to my old one and the quick release action on the legs was very smooth, the quick release plate for the camera worked well and I would note a mistake I always make when fitting it back is not folding the release bolt flat or it won’t go in properly. The fitting quick release plate has the standard fitting compatible with every camera I have ever used including the GoPro screw attachments and other 3rd party action camera attachments so not issues getting everything I own to fit in it.


The adjustments are all very easy to use and have a nice smooth action, I went through them all in my video, and whole look and feel of this tripod is very nice from the rubber feet on the bottom to the nice addition of a hook in the center to hang things from should you need to.


I have added a video unfortunately I had to cut it short due to the size limitations and originally it showed setting it up and adding my camera, trying all the angles, looking round it and then packing it all away again lasting 7:35 so showing how quick this is to assemble and disassemble but came in way over the 100mb limit, it now shows just the setup but hopefully giving a good indication of how smooth and easy this is to setup. My original video is of high quality but please be aware the video quality often degrades considerable when uploaded but hopefully not too much.

  • LIGHTWEIGHT BUT STURDY:2.64 lbs Net weight; 8.8 lbs Load Capacity; 3-Section Tripod Legs; 22"-64" Tripod Height Range
  • 3-WAY PAN HEAD:3-Way Flexible Pan Head with Tilt & Swivel Motion; Provide 360 degree Rotation Panoramas;Integral Bubble Level
  • COMPATIBLE QUICK RELEASE PLATE:Quick-Release Plate with Standard 1/4"-20 Screw Mount Compatible for all Digital SLR cameras,Lenses, most Camcorders, GoPro devices, Binoculars, Telescopes
  • RECESSED CENTER COLUMN HOOK:A loaded recessed hook, located in the bottom of the center column, allows you to hang a heavy object for increased stability.
  • MORE FEATURES: Flip-Locks for Leg Height Adjustment; Telescopic Pan Handle; Rubber Feet with Enclosed Spikes; Center Locking Brace and Geared Elevator Center Column; A Carrying Bag & Gift Box is Included.


What I liked
*************
- Very lightweight
- Nice design and high quality finishing
- Very smooth action on the adjustable legs
- 360 degree Rotation with a 3 way flexible pan head which should allow you to take any shot at any angle
- Simple yet effective carry case with plenty of room so you don’t have to squeeze it in
- Bubble level, not something I often use but good that it’s there if I need it
- I thought this very good value (£23.99 at the time of ordering)

What I Didn’t Like
********************
- I haven’t found anything it seems to deliver everything as advertised but if I do come across anything I will revisit my review.

Summary
**********
Overall a very nice practical tripod, easy to assemble and disassemble, nice smooth action with a multitude of adjustments to allow a shot from any angle, lightweight and looks great with its own little carry case. If you have any questions please feel free to ask I will do my best to answer.

Price: £23.99
PRODUCT LINK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members