Wednesday 24 May 2017

TaoTronics 34-Inch 40-Watt 2.0 channel Bluetooth Soundbar

Superb quality with a cracking sound, this arrived as you would expect in a long box well packed and protected with custom cut foam blocks at each end and around the middle, each end was also covered in a removable plastic film. I was pleased to say and can confirm this comes with a UK three pin plug not the two pin one in some of the pictures.


After opening it up I had a read through the manual, a very simple manual easy to follow covering all the functions and corresponding functions of the buttons on the remote control. The remote control is very good with a simple and basic layout similar to the layout of a Firestick remote control only larger.

I got this for one main purpose and that’s for my Xbox One although I will be using it to stream a bit of music as well if I get chance as my wife and daughters seem to have the monopoly on what music is played in the house. Although I have a large TV I have never tried a sound bar before so this was something new for me and what I was really after was the immersive sound available when playing a video game without having to wear a headset.


I decided to set this up with an optical lead (not provided) although it has leads for RCA in and coaxial connection if you don’t have an optical port on your TV, I gave it a good test on my TV with some music channels and then connected it to my iPhone 6 via Bluetooth which is simple enough just putting the speaker into BT mode then searching on your device for Taotronics and once connected you are good to go, After this I went onto my Xbox One and I really am impressed with the sound filling the room and it goes way beyond any sound level I would ever use, I didn’t notice any distortion and the sound experience between the speaker and TV speakers is like chalk and cheese, I wish I have got one sooner.


I have added a short video of playing Ghost Recon on the Xbox One and I also flicked through a few sound tests after a simple YouTube search to show it connected via Bluetooth, I did test the range and didn’t get any drop off up to 30ft, after that it started to lose connection intermittently which is more than adequate for my needs. My original video is of high quality but please be aware the video quality often degrades considerable when uploaded.
  • 34-Inch 40-Watt 2.0 Channel AUDIO: Completes your home theatre system with four full range high quality speakers and two passive radiators that bring the bass
  • WIRE OR WIRELESS CONNECTIONS: Modern and traditional devices work with the speaker thanks to Bluetooth (effective distance:10 meters/33 feet) or wired connections that include 3.5mm, Optical, Coaxial, and RCA AUX input
  • TOUCH OR REMOTE CONTROL: Dual operation modes for convenience that feature high grade metal controls and a remote to adjust playback settings including volume and track selection (universal control is also available, remote code: 0XD9 0X14)
  • PLACE BELOW OR ABOVE: Set it under the television or mount it on the wall for a convenient and elegant set up
  • A MODERN LOOK: Constructed with robust material to last years, the design suits any home adding a modern and high tech touch.


What I liked
************
- Simple and easy to follow manual
- The sound quality blew me away filling the room
- Easy to set up with wall mount slots on the back and rubber pads on the bottom so you can either fix it to a wall or have it freestanding
- Hassle free and easy to connect Bluetooth
- Nice sleek design
- A good simple but effective remote control and alternative touch buttons on the speaker

What I Didn’t Like
******************
Not so much something I didn’t like as something I would have liked.
- The inclusion of an optical lead
- The inclusion of two AAA batteries for the remote control

Summary
**********
Overall I am really pleased with this speaker and wish I had got one before, the sound quality is superb and fills the room, the Bluetooth connection has a good range and is very easy to set up, I didn’t have any issues with it and it only took about 5 minutes from unboxing to having it blasting out sound.  If you have any questions please feel free to ask I will do my best to answer.

Price: £69.99
PRODUCT LINK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members