Friday 26 May 2017

EZVIZ Smart Sense Wireless Alarm Starter Kit


I was really surprised with both the effectiveness and the simplicity of this system:---

First off, it utilises the IFTTT system (IF, This, Then That), which has been around since 2010. The IFTTT system is used universally for a whole range of applications for Ios and Android systems.


I draw reference to it only to highlight two things:

Firstly, I do not doubt the suppliers claims that this system is extremely expandable using other IFTTT capable systems.

Secondly, it's going to be around for quite a while to come.

The starter kit itself is impressive. Each element has its own instruction book and simple designation ie "A1" or "K2", meaning they're identifiable at a glance. The instruction books are well written and supplied in several languages, English being at the front. Each element comes with the relevant batteries, and/or charging cables.

Setup was very straightforward:

Plug the hub in and give it a couple of minutes to initialise.

Download and install the app to your phone (There's a QR code on the rear of the hub)


Complete the registration to the app.

Wave your phone near the hub and the relevant data is transferred to the hub.

Pair each bit of kit (PIR detector, door/window sensor etc) to the hub and you're done.

It's that simple, especially as the hub has voice prompts to tell you both what to do and confirm what's been done.

The app itself is well laid out and allows a number of customisable options, to include being able to rename the elements with either pre-set descriptions such as "hall" or "kitchen", but also allows user defined ones. Extremely useful if an alarm is triggered, as you can easily see where the intrusion has occurred. You can also save notifications and pictures if you have cameras fitted.

So once pairing had been completed I tested the door/window sensor first.

Arming the system with the remote, I then opened the window and sure enough the hub itself proclaimed that there was an intrusion, but more importantly, the app pushed a notification to my phone telling me the same.

I repeated this with the PIR detector and again, the system did all that I expected and told me of an intrusion.

Overall I think this type of setup is wonderful. When I first moved into my house, I had a hardwired alarm system fitted, which took 2 days, made loads of mess and cost a small fortune. A setup like this one does away with all of that and with it being expandable to up to 32 elements on the same hub, I can easily imagine most people being able to cover pretty much everything in your house with room to spare.

Brilliant.
 
Price: £174.99

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members