Wednesday 5 April 2017

Vemico 4K action camera



There were a number of surprises in store for me with this camera
Firstly – how small this camera is. – It’s slightly larger than a matchbox
Secondly - despite its size, how feature packed it is.- 2" screen with 3 video modes: 4K@30fps, 16mp and 720P@90fps and camera modes at 2,5,8,12 and 16mp, plus WiFi, exposure, time lapse, loop, slow motion... I could go on and on. You can also playback recorded video etc via the camera itself and delete to free up space or remove unwanted files without connecting to a PC.


Thirdly - the accessories: There’s a whole host of clips, connectors, slides and casings to enable you to mount this camera pretty much anywhere to pretty much anything.
Fourth – the quality of the footage it records.


Now this is my first action camera. I’ve looked at many, but the vast majority have been out of my price range; however I grabbed this as I wanted a head mount camera, primarily for video reviewing.
I found the manual helpful, but not comprehensive, however the on board menu system is very straightforward and easy to navigate.

A spare battery is always a welcoming accessory and it can be charged either by the supplied charger or within the camera. – Both by USB. This camera takes a micro SD (not supplied) I’d recommend a 32gb one, especially for prolonged use without download, as a 4 min 4K video is @1gb. The camera also has an A/V output for direct playback to a TV via an appropriate HDMI cable.
  • Plugging into a PC gives 3 options:
  • USB transfer of files
  • PC mode (acts as webcam)
  • Charging mode (although it charges in any option)
Battery charging takes a couple of hours and a full charge will last @85 minutes.

Setting up the WiFi was a breeze. I downloaded the app via the QR code in the manual, launched it, popped in the password and connected. My phone then became the camera screen and in portrait mode you are able to access the camera settings. In landscape mode you control the record features for both photo and video. I found this feature extremely useful for framing shots, especially when using the camera with a headmount.

I then tested it’s waterproof case.
I half filled the case with hole punch clippings, then locked the case and submerged it in a bowl of water for a minute or so.
On opening the case afterwards, the inside was bone dry.
I took 2 video clips: one at 4K, the other at 720P and the original source video quality is superb.

As I said, this is my first action camera, so I have no other to compare it against. That said, I am really impressed with the quality of both the camera and the footage it produced.

Highly recommended

Price: £43.99
Product link:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members