Monday 21 August 2017

Besteker Portable 1080P 24MP 16X Mini Video Camcorder Review

I got this as a mess around camera to take with us whenever we go out, I already have an GoPro Hero5 but this is mainly used when I’m out cycling and as good as it is there are a lot of limitations not least the not having a zoom feature and having to be linked to a mobile device to see what you are filming plus as it’s so expensive I am always worried it will get damaged when I let my daughter use it.


This isn’t and doesn’t pretend to be a top of the range all singing and dancing camcorder and this is also reflected in the budget price but it is a good solid camcorder with a lot of features, settings and a good clear swivel LCD screen to view footage as you record or replay captured footage, adjust and alter settings.


On unpacking it I was surprised just how small and compact it was and liked the simple but effective carry case, the battery slots into the bottom and is charged while in the camera and sitting next to the battery housing is the slot for the SD card, I used a micro SD card in a SD card adapter which worked perfectly. On the rear of the camera you have the charge port and socket for TV connection, I noticed in the settings under USB you can set it to PCCAM so I presume it can be set and used as a webcam for a PC but I have not tried this feature.


While giving the battery a full charge I have a good read through the manual, it’s fairly comprehensive and explains all the features, settings and how to navigate the menu, it was time to give it a test, first off I recorded a bit of footage off my balcony and tested the zoom, all worked well and footage was very clear, I took it with me on a walk to the shops and recorded a bit of footage and also tested the black and white which was a very clear recording and Sepia which gave a reddish-brown colour the sort you see with old monochrome photographs and movies from the 1920’s all good fun.


I have added a video and will add a few pictures showing the unpacking, going through the menu system and some of the recording I have described, please note my original video is of high quality as is the recording from the camcorder but the video quality often degrades considerable when uploaded but hopefully not too much.

  • Besteker New Camcorder: Supports 270 degree rotation with 3.0 inches TFT-LCD and fill-in infrared light.
  • COMS Sensor Camera: Max to 24 Mega pixels, big storage media up to 32GB, supports standard tripod and SD/SDHC card( please note that the tripod and SD card are not included)
  • Long lasting Battery: 1*NP-120, 3.7V 1200mAh Li-ion battery (included).It should be charged for more than 8 hours before using,then 3 hours will be enough. When the battery is fully charged, it can take videos up to 2.5 hours,and pictures 3.5 hours.
  • Camcorder Features: HD camera camcorder,face capture, auto power-off, anti-shake, with internal microphone, speaker, LED light, USB2.0, and TV output. Equipped with safety tether.
  • Lightweight and small camcorder: Easy to carry and store, perfect to be a gift and record your special lovely moments.


What I liked
*************
- Nice design and very compact
- Very easy to operate with simple clear buttons
- Nice swivel LCD screen which is also very clear
- Neat little carry case
- Good clear footage
- Reasonable price for what you get
- Has a multitude of settings and features
- Has a zoom feature, anti-shake and switches off when you close the viewing screen

What I Didn’t Like
********************
- Not really a dislike as it’s not a feature of the camcorder but I find it odd not having a lens cap

Summary
**********
Overall a good camcorder and I am really pleased with it, it’s not a top end camera and doesn’t pretend to be but it captures some great quality footage, has some nice features and I won’t be scared of it getting banged about when I let my daughter use it as it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. If you have any questions please feel free to ask I will do my best to answer.

Price: £49.99
PRODUCT LINK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members