Thursday 8 April 2021

Logitech Z407 Bluetooth Computer Speakers Review

This arrived very tightly packed into a lift top branded box with specifications and technical details all printed on the outside, when you open the box you are greeted by visual setup diagrams along with a link to their homepage support where you can get a full manual in PDF form which I would advise. Everything is extremely well packed, protected and secured.

First impressions: the finishing and quality on everything looks and feels very good, I like the wireless input button as it’s simple, sits well on my desk with rubber on the bottom to hold it nice and stable taking up little room and not looking out of place, the subwoofer is quite heavy in comparison to the two speakers which are quite light, the speakers have a simple but well designed slot in stand which allows them to either stand upright or on their sides and is simple and easy to adjust and change. 

After setting everything up and installing the batteries in the wireless input button I was ready to try it out, I also fitted the supplied 3.5 mm aux cable to the rear of my monitor as it also doubles as a screen for my XB Series X so wanted to be able to switch the sound output to that also giving the sound quality a good test. Setting up the Bluetooth connection was straight forward and painless. The input switching system is very simple and controlled with two buttons on the base of the wireless input button and controlling the volume you turn the button as a dial, to adjust the bass you hold the button for two seconds and use the button dial to take it up or down and holding the button for two seconds exits this mode.

I found the sound extremely good although I did find a noticeable lag/delay/latency between button control and actual adjustment, the bass feature works really well and I found it most noticeable and effective on console games, I did find while playing music and giving it a good stress test at the highest volume I was getting some slight distortion, the input switching system works really well and is simple but I would have like to have seen the wireless input button being self contained having a USB charging system rather than taking batteries.

Overall a nice computer speaker system, the sound quality is really good and personally I found it to be at its best when gaming giving a good rich bass to the experience, the wireless input button is a well thought out design and simple to use but I did find a noticeable delay between adjustment and activation of adjustment and would rather it had a rechargeable power system instead of batteries, I noticed a slight distortion at the highest volume when performing a stress test but in normal use you would probably never experience it.

Price: £79.99

PRODUCT LINK


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members