Sunday 22 October 2017

Foxcesd Mini H9 Full 1080P Multimedia Projector Review

Great quality all singing and dancing projector, I was looking for a projector that would offer me a built in multimedia experience giving the ability to surf the net, add media applications and programs such as KODI, have the ability to link up to my PC, TV box and Xbox One but also switch seamlessly between from one to another and this seemed to fit my needs plus loads more.


It arrived in a custom lift top black box opening up to the projector packed into a foam cut out with the user manual on top, in separate boxes to the side of the projector it had the remote control, HDMI lead, AV cable and the power supply (UK plug). The manual is very detailed and all in English having diagrams and images linked to descriptive and explanatory text to fully explain the features and settings and I gave it a good read cover to cover before setting up the projector.


Once I was sure I fully understood the setup and features in the manual it was time to set up the projector, the setup is very simple and straight forward with the user manual covering all the aspects and I went on to set up the WiFi connection, I linked my Bluetooth sound bar via the built in Bluetooth all very straight forward not unlike connecting a phone or tablet. The projector has an adjustment wheel on the side for fine focus adjustment and in the device settings you can adjust the keystone to square the image on the wall or screen you are using which worked really well as I have a wall mount at a set height so used this for fine adjustment, you also have the ability to set this to auto, adjust the aspect ratio, vertical and horizontal scale along with other settings.


I had a look through the app store and installed KODI a very nice multimedia player which installed quickly and worked flawlessly, I have a HDMI switcher box which allows me to quickly switch HDMI source and I linked the main HDMI cable from the projector to this with my Xbox One, PC and freeview TV box connected and was able to switch flawlessly between HDMI source, the picture quality is superb giving me a massive screen around 70”. I tested the Ushare app which works really well connecting and mirroring my tablet to the screen and I tested the 3D which works really well and auto detected the 3D test film I tried adjusting with the 3D button on the remote control all very slick and well put together.


I have added a video and will also add some pictures showing the unboxing, going through the menu, loading up some apps, showing the settings then showing my Xbox One connected with some game play footage, connected to my desktop PC, some footage from my action camera played from the micro SD card inserted directly into the slot in the back of the projector and connected to my freeview TV box showing some live TV and the menu. Please note due to the difficulty filming a projected image and had to record from an angle means the video is showing the functions and not quality which was superb.


  • Advanced technology: DLP projector system, 1280 * 800 native resolution (compatible 1920 * 1080, 3350 AINSI≈3500 Lumen), HD 3D technology, 2000: 1 contrast ratio and 30,000 hours of lamp life, guarantee the high display quality of video or image even in the daytime.
  • Multi-functional: built-in Android 4.4 system, Bluetooth 4.0, WIFI (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Ethernet and speakers, Various image transmission paths: DLNA / Airplay / Miracast / WLAN etc .. Support surfing the internet, playing games, watching 2/3D movies, downloading app etc. You can do what you want.
  • Easy and convenient operation: touch panel, remote control, control panel of the unit, operation via app, mouse, keyboard etc. Keystone correction: ± 40 degrees (automatic / manual) Projection: front, rear / ceiling front / Rear (automatic / manual)
  • Multi interface connection: Support HDMI, AV, USB 3.0 & 2.0, microSD, RJ45 port. Compatible with computer, laptop, camera, DVD player, game console, keyboard, mouse, smartphone, set-top box, etc.
  • Portable and lightweight design: With dimensions of 6 * 4.7 * 1.2 inches and weighing 500g, the projector is easy to carry and can easily be shared with others. A great gift for friends and family. 


What I liked
*************
- Lightweight compact sleek design
- Projection quality is superb
- Good easy to navigate base menu making it easy to install and use applications
- Easy to follow clear manual all in English
- Small remote control without the mass of unnecessary buttons you often find
- Very easy to set up
- Built in Bluetooth ideal for connecting a Bluetooth sound bar or speakers
- Has a micro SD card slot so playing footage to transferring files from a action camera or dash cam is simple
- USB 2 and USB 3 connections making it easy to watch movies or play music from the USB stick
- Addition of a touch control panel on the top in addition to the remote control
- The ability to play 3D movies
- Ethernet port should you wish to hardwire rather than use wireless connection something I am planning to do
- A multitude of features, settings and fine tuning options

What I Didn’t Like
********************
- I am really struggling to find anything I don’t like about this projector but to be very picky the remote control does not come with any batteries so you need two AAA ready.

Summary
**********
Overall this is a cracking device which is really a multimedia projector, the picture quality is superb, the versatility along with the features it has are the reason I have given it full marks. If you have any questions please feel free to ask I will do my best to answer.

Price: £429.98
PRODUCT LINK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members