Monday 17 July 2017

Dodocool High Resolution MP3 Music Player Review

I purchased this for my daughter who is 10 years old and is constantly sitting on her ipad watching YouTube video’s and I wanted something to introduce her more to the joy of music but also have a greater control over content, due to some questionable video’s I caught her watching on YouTube she is not allowed her ipad in her bedroom so this is something she can use there and when she is out.


This arrived in a solid black dodocool branded box with the MP3 player packed in a rubber cut out with power/transfer lead and instructions under it, the first thing I noticed after unpacking was how solid and well finished this was with its aluminium body and extremely clear QVGA LCD screen you could feel and see the high quality.


After switching it on I linked it up to my computer and transferred some MP3’s over and also put some albums on a micro SD card as I wanted to test this feature, the transfer was fairly quick although I would think this is also dependent on the speed of your computer, USB connection and transfer rate. The menu is very easy to navigate using the wheel going through in a clockwise motion you have Now Playing, Playlist, Radio, Record, Explorer and finally Settings.

Going through the settings you have an option of an alternative interface, and in common settings you can adjust the screen saver timer and screen brightness, I did turn the brightness up a bit on this but again a personal preference and no doubt my daughter will adjust it again. There is also an option for timed shutdown and auto power off both with the option of disabling them, an option to increase the boot volume and format both the internal 8gb memory and external micro SD card.


I found the sound quality superb totally lacking any distortion even at the highest level, I tried it with a small external speaker which worked instantly and also attached my daughters headset again working flawlessly and certainly very powerful, I tested the sound recorder which came out very clear and I would think ideal if you wanted to record memos as it has a pause and continue recording feature with the mic being inbuilt into the unit.


I have added a video and will also add some pictures, in this I show unpacking, going through the menu, selecting and playing some MP3’s from the internal 8gb memory then adding a micro SD card loaded up with some albums and playing a few songs from that, I then went on to test the radio which I found to be impressively clear and easy to tune, please be aware the sound and video are crystal clear but the video quality often degrades considerable when uploaded.

  • High-Resolution Audio Certified: Deliver high-fidelity sound reproduction which complies with the High-Resolution Audio standard (96kHz/24-bit or above) and is much better than CDs (44.1kHz/16-bit)
  • 2'' LCD display: Easily enable you to navigate the menu and relevant information. Provide fast and accurate operations with an advanced ARM Dual-core Cortex-M3 processor.
  • Support Expanded Storage: This mini music player is built-in 8 GB memory and a expandable memory card slot that support a TF card of up to 256GB (TF card is not included).
  • Working time up to 30 hours with 3.7V 1400mAh rechargeable Li-battery. Support music playback, FM radio, high-fidelity voice recording (up to 192kHz/24PCM), line out and TF card reading.
  • Support audio formats: MP2, MP3, WMA and decoding DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 (.dff & .dsf), FLAC (up to 192kHz/24bit), ALAC (up to 192kHz/24bit), APE (up to 96 kHz/24bit), WAV (up to 192kHz/24bit) and other lossless audio format


What I liked
************
- Nice design with a high quality metal finish
- The QVGA LCD screen giving a very clear display
- The menu layout is very nice and easy to navigate
- Ability to add up to a 256GB micro SD card
- Sound recording, a nice added feature that could be useful
- In built radio
- Choice of interfaces selectable through the settings
- Up to 30 hour’s playtime from a single charge
- Supports a multitude of different audio formats
- Really great quality sound

What I Didn’t Like
******************
- The manual could be better and more in depth but as everything is simple to navigate and self-explanatory not a big deal and I am not reducing my overall rating for it.

Summary
**********
Overall this is a really solid high quality MP3 player with some nice added extras, the sound is superb and my daughter is over the moon with it so for these reasons it gets full marks from me. If you have any questions please feel free to ask I will do my best to answer.

Price: £45.99

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members