Friday 8 December 2017

Leyuee Wi-Fi Smart Plug Review

Good solid product with a very easy to use phone or tablet application, I have been using a remote control switch off plug for a few years now but it has several issues not least the limited distance for the remote control and it takes a tiny battery which is not only expensive it’s not the sort I have lying about so normally end up having to order it so when it went this time I decided it was time to replace the whole unit.


This looked ideal and I liked the ability to run from an application totally removing the need for a separate remote control, it arrived in a basic brown box and the plug looks good quality and well finished, the manual is very detailed but also very easy to follow, a lot of the manual covers using the smart plug with Alexa something I don’t use so although not relevant to me it is a feature I may consider in the future if I ever buy one.


I installed the Jinvoo Smart application using the QR code on the box to my Android phone (the QR code is also in the manual for both Android and iOS devices) and after registering ran through the setup without any problems even renaming the plug, I liked the idea of the timer for switching and schedule the Smart Plug to automatically power on or off, the best bit for me being the ability to control it from any place in my house and as a test being as I use the alarm on my phone to get up in the morning I set it up on the kettle plug with the kettle switched on but the Smart plug set to off and when my alarm went off I flicked to the Jinvoo Smart application turning the smart plug on and by the time I was in the kitchen the kettle had boiled ready for my morning drink :)


I have added a short video and will also add some pictures showing unboxing, running through the Jinvoo Smart application install and then just testing it working on a socket with a lamp and setting the countdown timer to switch it.


  • Remote Control: Download and Set APP to Control all of your connected devices with smart phone or iPad wherever you have Internet, makes your life more easier and convenient
  • Scheduling Function: Schedule the Smart Plug to automatically power electronics on and off as needed, like setting lights to come on at dusk or turn off at sunrise, giving you one less thing to worry about in your busy life
  • Easy to Use and Set up: Scan QR code to download Jinvoo APP on the user manual for free, connect the socket, done.One smart phone can control several power sockets simultaneously, perfect for fridge, air-condition, lights, microwave, wifi router, coffee mill, etc
  • Alexa Compatible Devices: Work with Amazon Alexa Google Home for voice control, turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your tablet or smart phone


What I liked
*************
- Very good application backing it up
- Neat little LED in the front to give a good visual indication of its status
- The manual is very detailed and easy to follow with a step by step guide and FAQ
- An adjustable count down timer to switch it on or off after a set period of time
- Scheduling Function giving the ability to switch the plug on and off at set times as a one off function or repeating on certain or all days as needed
- Alexa compatible, not something I use but nice to know if I get one I won’t have to get a different smart plug

What I Didn’t Like
********************
- Not really anything to add here but if I do have any future problems I will return, edit and add them

Summary
**********
Overall a great little gadget with a very professional device application to back it up, it works exactly as it should and I am very pleased with it. If you have any questions please feel free to ask I will do my best to answer.

Price: £15.99

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members