Sunday 3 December 2017

BC Master 1080P 170° GPS Dash Cam Full HD Review

Great little dashcam that delivers high quality recording, I went for the DC10 with the GPS module and hardwire kit as I wanted the added feature of location identification with speed display on the recordings and planned to hardwire the dashcam so for an extra £17.00 it added this plus gave me all I needed to hardwire it. With it hardwired it takes away any need to have it plugged into the cigarette socket and automatically switches on and off when starting the car making it totally automatic.


It arrived in a black lift top box covered with a BC master branded sleeve, when opened the main camera was in a foam cut-out, instruction manual and spare double sided adhesive stickers in a plastic bag and in another cut-out it had the cigarette lighter adapter, although I will not be using this it’s worth noting it comes with additional USB ports in the cigarette socket which is handy and a nice feature. Under this it had three boxes containing the hardwire kit, GPS plugin module and the fittings for fixing the camera to the screen or alternative fitting for fixing on the dashboard.


After opening it all up I went through the menu which I have shown in my video and formatted the 32gig micro SD card I’m using, I find 32gig more than adequate for this as it has loop recording and overwrites the oldest recordings and additionally lock any impact or sharp braking recordings from being overwritten, once I had set everything up and tested the features it was time to get it fitted and grab some live footage.


The hard wire kit is a fairly simple process to fit using the fuse piggyback you just identify a fuse that’s power is only live when the car ignition is turned on and put the fuse piggyback in that, I identified the rear wipers on my car and after fixing the earth wire to a screw on the metal surround of the fuse panel tested it was working correctly switching on and off with the car ignition which it was, the rest of the job is just making sure everything is secured so it can’t move or work loose then I just ran the cable behind the trimming of the car up to the location I was fitting the camera which for me is just below the mirror although it can be fitted in any location due to the wide angle recording it will capture the whole road, side roads and paths both sides from any location on the screen. I fitted the GPS receiver in the corner on the opposite side of the dashboard using the same process of concealing the wire behind the trimming, all fairly straight forward and once finished very neat and inconspicuous.


I gave all the features a good test using some hard braking to test the G-Sensor which worked fine locking the recording, rocking the car to test the motion detection which worked as it should and went through the different recording resolutions all giving a crisp clear result. I wanted to test the GPS so first took the location reading from the video and put it into Google maps which instantly gave the location, I went to the BC master website and got the Registrator Viewer software and installed it on my desktop PC, this is a superb program in which you add the videos from the micro SD card and it will stack the journeys allowing you to view the video and it will display a map showing the full route moving the marker with the video and a display showing the speed you are traveling ideal for tracking a journey or exactly identifying an accident location.



  • Full HD 1080P 30fps, SONY IMX sensor, 6-layers glass lens,Super Wide Angle to capture everything in front of your vehicle more clearly, and maintain the highest quality video at night or in inclement weather.
  • Equipped with unique BC Master car charger: Mini USB cable(4m) charger for the dash cam, and other two ports with Smart IC Tech, which automatically detects the highest speed your device can charge at, and implements the fastest safest charge power possible, can provide 5V/3A Max. for devices in the car.
  • Built-in Supercapacitors to prevent explosion due to exposure in summer heat, much safer and over 20 times longer service life than lithium battery.
  • Support up to 128GB Class 10 TF/Micro SD card,Requirement 80MB/S transfer speed (not provided in package) for reliable recording and performance. ADVICE: As 1 hour 1080P capturing needs 6G space, we suggest to choose 16G+ Class 10 card. WARNING: Low-quality and low-speed card will lead to the dash cam freeze.BEST to use SDSDQQ-032G-G46A
  • Vehicle Hardwire Kit provides 24-Hour uninterrupted parking guard surveillance, taking power from car's fusebox directly as protect against vehicle's battery dying, help you find trouble maker easily.


What I liked
*************
- Great price for a dashcam with GPS and fitting kit
- Superb quality recording
- G-Sensor feature for locking incident recordings from overwriting
- Loop recording and motion detection work perfectly
- A multitude of features and settings
- Good easy to follow manual
- Clear display and easy to navigate menu
- The hardwire fitting kit is good and I found it easy to fit

What I Didn’t Like
********************
- Not really a dislike but I did look at dashcams as some have the GPS built into the camera but found them all to be much larger, more expensive and as I wanted a small and discreet camera it meant the separate plug in GPS unit so I chose the BC master, the addition of a separate GPS unit might not suit some people.

Summary
**********
Overall I am very pleased with this dashcam, for a dashcam with GPS and a hardwire fitting kit this is really a great price and it is ram packed with features and settings, the recording quality is superb and GPS works perfectly the reason it gets full marks from me. If you have any questions please feel free to ask I will do my best to answer.

Price: £76.97
PRODUCT LINK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members