Saturday 30 December 2017

WIMIUS 4K Action Camera - Waterproof Sports Cam Review

Due to someone of low morals stealing my action camera along with my cycle helmet just before Christmas I needed a new one and as I was being forced to buy another I wanted to get one a little bit smaller than the one that was taken as I wear it on the top of my cycle helmet so the smaller the better, this looked ideal plus I could get it the very next day on prime delivery.


It arrived in a Wimius branded zip sided case and on opening it all the camera fittings were in plastic bags with the manual, carry bag and some fittings being behind the webbing at the top and the camera, batteries and fittings being in the bottom, the bottom wasn’t a great fit and more of a ridged foam than my previous one. After unpacking I put the battery in the camera along with a micro USB card and put it on charge, I then had a read through the manual and installed the Wimius action cam app to my Android phone using the QR code on the back of the manual.


The camera has a mini HDMI socket something I find very handy as I have an adapter which only cost a couple of pounds that allows me to play directly to my PC monitor or TV displaying exactly what you see on the camera screen including the menu. I gave the camera a good test over the Christmas period along with recording some of my cycling footage I also tested the slow motion feature which worked very well and tested the waterproof case of the camera which worked perfectly. The Wimius action cam app works well and you can adjust many of the camera settings remotely using it along with the recording and picture taking ability.


I have added a video and will also add some pictures showing the unpacking, fitting the battery and micro USB card then showing some footage taken with the camera and testing the waterproof case, please note the footage is of crystal clear quality but due the size restraints and Amazons own video optimisation it will have degraded considerably so it is not an indication of the camera footage quality just usage.


 

【4K/ 24FPS & 20MP】hd action camera is equipped with Novatek 96660 and SonyIMX078 sensor, which allows you to shoot videos with a resolution of 4k 24fps and photos with 20mp in high quality.
【Multi functions, widely use】photo burst, self-timer and time-lapse recording, loop recording and slow-motion. In addition, the camera can also act as a dashcam or webcam and it comes with anti-shake function.
【Built-In WIFI】wimius L1 sports camera built in wifi,it allows you control camera via the phone in real time,and wimius App has video editing and landscaping features, allowing you to easily create video then share them on social media easily
【Waterproof to 30M & Underwater mode】 this waterproof camera has its own underwater mode, the mode and the 30m waterproof case housing allow you to film the most fascinating scenes while surfing, swimming and skiing.
【Ton of accessories & Longer shooting time】 thie action cam comes with a ton of accessories and mounts, and 2 rechargeable 1000mAh batteries.No more worry about short recording time. It will be a good companion of your outdoor sports and activities.


What I liked
*************
- Great quality crystal clear footage
- More compact than my previous camera and slightly better on my cycle helmet
- Waterproof case and feature is superb
- Can also be used as a dashboard camera or webcam
- Masses of different attachments
- The manual is very easy to follow with clear instructions along with images and diagrams
- Spare battery
- Good application to control it on phone or tablet
- Multitude of different features and settings even excluding the ones not for this specific camera
- Very easy to use

What I Didn’t Like
********************
- Several of the menu options are not applicable to this camera
- The case insert that holds the camera and fittings isn’t very good

Summary
**********
Overall this is a really nice camera that gives great results, it is let down a bit by the case and really could do with a firmware update that gives it a bespoke menu, not an issue that effects the performance or even my usage so I have only deducted one star because of it, the manuals are very easy to follow and it has a nice easy to use phone application, overall a great action camera. If you have any questions please feel free to ask I will do my best to answer.

Price: £59.99
PRODUCT LINK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members