Monday 4 September 2017

KIPTOP WIFI Action Camera - Underwater Sports Camera Review

Superb budget action camera, this purchase was ruled by my wallet rather than rather than going for the more it costs the better, I checked out the specs of this before purchasing and it holds its own with many of the sub £100 action cameras with so much for the price (£29.99 at the time of purchase).


It comes in a long box with the camera displayed in the top through a plastic panel and on opening a plastic tray containing a multitude of different attachments and fittings, these are all what seems to have become the standard ‘GoPro’ fittings, all interchangeable with any and all action cameras I have seen, there is also a nice addition of a micro USB card reader not listed but very handy for anyone without one.


The manual is a good glossy one with itemised diagrams showing button functions and the usage for various attachments, all very clear and easy to follow. I used the QR code on the box to install the GoPlus Cam application on my Android phone and it also has a QR code for the IOS version should you be using an apple device. Once I had this installed I turned the camera on and used the ‘UP’ button to turn on the WiFi, once the SportsDV appeared in the WiFi on my phone selecting it, I then opened up the application.


The GoPlus Cam application works very well also giving you the ability to change a multitude of settings over WiFi and even format the micro SD card if you wish, once I had the camera set up as I wanted it I took it out for a test putting it on my cycle helmet and the captured footage was crystal clear, I then decided for a bit of fun to put it on top of a remote control monster truck I have just to show a bit of different footage and again all very clear and all the recording and settings controlled from my phone.


I have added a video and will also add some pictures showing the unboxing, going through the menu system on the KIPTOP camera, linking it to my Android phone and showing the GoPlus Cam application running and options, a bit of footage from my cycle ride and finally some footage from the top of my monster truck. Please note the footage I got is crystal clear but due to size restraints I have had to reduce the quality somewhat and this also degrades considerable when uploaded but hopefully not too much.

  • Limited 12 Months Warranty From Date of Purchase: Built-in Large 2-inch HD LCD Display on the back allows you to view real time HD pictures and videos! 170° wide angle lens that enables fast and accurate motion capture, offer a wider field of view and can take in more surroundings
  • TIME LAPSE function: Makes it possible to shoot a sequence of pictures (such as a flower opening) automatically under pre-set conditions. Anti-shaking function compensates for the hand movement while shooting
  • Built-in Wi-Fi: Allows you to view and share the videos or photos timely and remote control the camera via APP. This WiFi is not only a remote control, it allows you monitor in real time, review videos/photos on mobile/laptop, set camera feature and record modes
  • Easy to use: You can easily take it snorkeling or even diving with the waterproof case (included in the package) and get to learn more about the underwater world. Connect the action cam to your computer with a USB cable to transfer your entire library, or simply hook up the sports cam directly to your TV via HDMI
  • 2 rechargeable batteries included: Never run out of battery life again! Double your recording time and enjoyment now


What I liked
*************
- The price, you get so much for a budget price
- Recording footage is really good
- Comes with a multitude of attachments along with a micro USB card reader
- The waterproof case works really well, I tested it but didn’t have room to add it to my video
- Good clear easy to follow glossy manual
- Has a multitude of settings with the addition of settings to use it as a dash cam
- The GoPlus Cam application is very good, easy to use with the ability to change many of the settings without having to go into the camera menu

What I Didn’t Like
********************
- Nothing I don’t like, this is a budget camera and it doesn’t come with a case but it doesn’t claim to

Summary
**********
Really great value action camera, if you purchased the attachments alone you would be paying £15 plus but for the £29.99 you get everything and this really is a camera that stacks up well against any of the sub £100 action cameras with great recording footage and a neat mobile application to control it. If you have any questions please feel free to ask I will do my best to answer.

Price: £29.99
PRODUCT LINK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members