Sunday 17 September 2017

Andoer Camera Slider Rail Track Dolly Review

Really creative and useful photography and video aid, I love photography and taking video and my aspirations of production are somewhat out striped by my creative ability, I wanted something that would assist me with panning and linear motion video capture and photographs of objects from different angles keeping the same perspective and although for myself this was expensive it’s still a fraction of professional gear to do the same job.


It comes in a lift top box packed in custom foam along with a mini ball head for connecting the camera and a screw adapter taking the 3/8 inch screw hole to a 1/4 inch screw thread for a standard tripod fitting, I would say that you really need a wide base tripod for this to avoid topple and tilt strain movement and the tripods with a quick release catch will just bend with the weight at full extension.


The andoer camera slider is a heavy bit of kit but also precision manufactured to give a smooth glide across the panning or linear motion movement you can instantly see the high quality movement and finishing, I have a small tripod with a 3/8 inch screw which it fits straight onto but while taking shots have to hold the base solid to avoid movement which I am getting better at, I am planning to get a larger wide base tripod but my main objective for getting this is some close in macro shots and panning motion shots on ground level.


I found the motion really smooth and am finding I am getting better at running a smooth motion at a steady speed although I do expect to vastly improve the more I use it. I fitted my GoPro Hero5 to it and have recorded some different shots with different settings on the camera showing panning and linear motion using my small tripod and have been really impressed with the quality it produces.


I have added a video and will also add some pictures showing different tests of motion and panning I tried, please forgive any wobble it’s me getting used to the slider rather than any sticking in the smooth motion which I found to be flawless. Please note the footage I got is crystal clear but due to size restraints I have had to reduce the quality somewhat and this also degrades considerable when uploaded but hopefully not too much.

  • The slider is equipped with two 1/4 inch screw threads. "PANNING" screw has following focus shooting and wide-angle shooting functions for your devices; "LINEAR" screw has the horizontal translation shooting and vertical stretching shooting functions. While moving, it has the effect of extending up to 4× distance.
  • Made of high strength aluminum alloy, has an unique joint structure.
  • Adopts the foldable design, mini, exquisite and portable.
  • Suitable for GoPro action cameras, smartphones, DSLR cameras, ILDC cameras' video recording.
  • With 3/8 inch screw hole on the bottom, the slider is convenient to mount on a tripod for shooting.


What I liked
*************
- Good high quality manufacturing
- Very easy to use and set up
- Adaptability of movement and shots, using an extension to the GoPro height I was able to get different sorts of panning shots from above an object
- The price, although expensive it is a fraction of the cost of the professional products to do the same of similar jobs, far smaller and way more portable
- Has a locking mechanism for when not in use

What I Didn’t Like
********************
- There isn’t anything I can add here, it performs really well and the biggest flaw is my own ability, it takes a while to get used to how to control the motion but I’m getting there, if I do come across any issues I will edit and add them

Summary
**********
Overall I am really pleased with this purchase, it does a great job and I plan on using this as much as I can hopefully creating some great panning and linear motion shots that I am unable to master with uncontrolled movement, I have given this 5 stars as it’s a superb gadget. If you have any questions please feel free to ask I will do my best to answer.

Price: £99.99
PRODUCT LINK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members