Tuesday 18 February 2020

LABISTS 3D Mini Printer Review

The 3D printer arrived in a LABISTS custom branded lift top box, I have never used a 3D printer before so as I would consider this an entry level budget 3D printer, it fits the market for an entry into the world of 3D printing without breaking the bank, avoiding complex assembly and on a mini scale to see if it’s something you want to advance in.


The packaging has obviously been designed not only to optimise the space but so it can be removed almost complete only leaving one cable to connect along with two screw headed bolts to fit and a side plate to screw on for holding the filament, the instruction manual is very comprehensive along with instructive diagrams but I would advise following the LABISTS X1 Printer Operation Video contained on the micro SD card that comes in a USB adapter as it goes step by step over the setup making the process simple and easy to understand.


Once I had set it all up and aligned the printing platform it was time to give it a test, it will print whichever Gcode file is on the root of the micro SD card, you get four sample prints, my first couple of attempts failed as they came loose from the printing bed before completion but after reading through the troubleshooting I went back to aligning the printing platform again as recommended and found this fixed the problem and I was able to fully print all the samples without failing again.


I was quite surprised how quiet the printer is, I wasn’t expecting it to be loud but it actually hardly makes any noise at all which I found to be a positive due to the time it’s in operation to complete a print, the finishing was reasonable and as I printed out the outlet.gcode I ordered a 25x25x7mm cooling fan so will be fitting the fan and duct which should help improve the quality of the finishing, there is a fitting video included on the micro SD card and it looks quite simple to fit.


You don’t get a massive amount of filament with the kit and I ordered a roll of blue which I have been using which works great although I did have to remove a length from the roll and put it on the printer spool due to the roll being too large to fit, one issue I did have was the included slicer software on the micro SD card did not run and I was unable to install it on my computer and showed as corrupt, I have no doubt I will be able to source this online and have already found and installed the Cura software but it was disappointing.


Overall as a new 3D printer user I found this great fun to use, the presentation was very good and simplified making the process start to finish all fairly straight forward, the printing finishing looked fairly good to me, it has a very quiet operation and takes up very little room, it has included safety cut out features so I would think it’s also ideal for older children to use. 

Price: £119.99
PRODUCT LINK


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members