Tuesday 23 July 2019

Russell Hobbs 24732 Desire Processor Food Mixer Review

As we all eat a lot of salads especially in the summer this is a welcome addition to the kitchen, we have a few hand held gadgets but haven’t really owned a processor unit so I was looking forward to trying this out.


It arrived in a nice branded box and everything inside packed into bespoke cardboard so no worries about getting damaged, the instructions are basic but sufficient enough to get you started. Once I had set it up I wanted to test out the functions so got a few things ready to try.


First off I tried out the grating/shredding with the reversible disk starting with some cheese and first impressions this really is a powerful machine grating a block of cheese in seconds, I then went on to grate some carrots again grated in no time at all, I did find a couple of larger chunks got through although I suspect this was because I pushed too hard as they went through and grated no problem second time. I reversed the disk and tried some chopping starting with a cucumber which it sliced in seconds, I followed this up with some carrots again it made short work of slicing these.


Swapping over attachments is really simple and I just gave the bowl a rinse out under the tap between trying things which was sufficient, I fitted the chopper attachment and it quickly diced some onions and potatoes with no effort at all and although it has two selectable speeds and a reverse I never found the need to go to the top speed.

I finished off by making a mixed fruit smoothie using the blender jug, again incredibly fast and mixed it perfectly. It has a safety lock so won’t start unless the base is locked in place and the lid in the case of the processor jug which works well as I found out, when lifting the processor bowel off I sometimes pulled the main spindle off as well but that is down to my inexperience not any design fault or flaw. I really liked the rubber suction feet which gave it a good solid base on a smooth surface.

  • 2.5L bowl, 1.5L blender & a variety of attachments - includes stainless steel blades, reversible slicing/shredding Disk, dough hook and Creaming Disk. You can be slicing, dicing, shredding, whipping, blending, beating and even pureeing with this one versatile appliance.
  • Bpa Free dishwasher safe bowl and parts - with detachable parts and a bowl that can be put straight into the dishwasher, cleaning your processor can be speedy & Effortless.
  • 2 speed settings & pulse - use the lower speed setting to chop your ingredients up into larger pieces for a hearty homemade soup or use the higher speed setting to blend your ingredients into smooth and creamy soups or dips.
  • Safety features - When slicing, chopping and Creaming your ingredients it's important to not only be safe but stable. With a double safety lock on the bowl to secure it in place you can happily whizz away with no worries and it even has non-slip feet for added stability.
  • 2 year guarantee - Plus 1 extra year when you register the product online.


Overall this is a really powerful food processor, easy to use, simple to clean, easy to switch attachments and extremely fast I just can’t fault it.

Price: £54.99
PRODUCT LINK


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members