Thursday 15 February 2018

NETGEAR GS205-100UKS 5 Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch Review

Easy to set up and ideal for my intended use, I have been using a Belkin version for several years but it had been playing up for a few weeks dropping connections and getting very hot so I decided it was time to change it.


I didn’t need anything too big or with masses of ports as it is just used as an extension to my smart TV, Android box, Satellite TV box and a hardwire link for plugging in my wife’s laptop when she needs a windows update or something transferring off my main desktop PC and this looked ideal. Setup is simple and just a case of plugging everything in and it’s done depending on your setup, for me it was just a case of switching out the old and in with the new.


The box is nice and compact and everything is well finished, the light indicators work as they should showing activity on each port when in use, the box has no internal fan but even after being on all day it is just warm so no issues with that, the speed seems good, solid and consistent through all ports when I gave them all a file transfer test.


I have added a short video and will also add some pictures just showing the unboxing and then plugging in all the network cables, overall I am very pleased with this purchase it is ideal for replacing my old one at a reasonable price and I would certainly recommend it.


  • Five 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports, up to 10x faster than fast Ethernet for maximum performance
  • Small and silent desktop form factor with fan-less design for quiet operation
  • Plug-n-play connectivity easily installs into any network
  • LED to indicate activity on each port and energy-efficient technology for power savings
  • Auto-negotiation for automatic connection at high common speed between switch and an end device
Price: £11.98


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Subscribe to our Newsletter

Contact our Support

Email us: kalbowocs@gmail.com

Our Team Members